Help finding dog-friendly places in or near Milpitas to be with your dog, as well as grooming, showing, training, and boarding opportunities for dogs.
Dog Behavior Training
Train your dog in 24 hours? Plus solve 25 behavior problems.
Boarding, Care, Training
This is your complete resource for your dogs training information. Learn about puppy training, dog obedience training, dog behavior modification, dog care and canine problem solving, clicker training, dog agility training, grooming and dog care, canine communication and dog training and safety tips.
111 S Main St., inside An Jans.
For six decades, Cooperhaus K9 has established a reputation for outstanding obedience and protection dog training across the Bay Area. Boarding also available.
498 Gladding Ct.
Pet Sitting Exchange-SFO South Bay
This group provides a means for pet owners in the South Bay area to meet and make pet sitting arrangements with other pet owners on a voluntary basis.
Santa Clara Dog Training Club
Trains people and their dogs in the following classes: Basic Obedience (Puppy through Adult), CGC/TDI Testing, Conformation, Fetching and Retrieving, Nosework, Competition Classes (Novice, Open and Utility) and Rally.
344 Tully Rd., San Jose, CA 95111
You Luckie Dog! Daycare Resort & Spa
Your furry friend will be matched with a play group of other friendly, sociable dogs of similar size, energy level and play style. Play groups enjoy 8-10 hours of group play in our spacious indoor Play Spaces and our outdoor Canine Country Club.
309 Sango Ct.
Dine with Dog Outside
OK to sit outside and dine with your dog.
36 S Abbott Ave
Hwy 237/Calaveras Blvd.
Dog Scouts of America
Humane Society Silicon Valley (HSSV) is host for the first Dog Scouts of America troop in the Bay Area! Join us every 4th Thursday of the month from 6:30-7:30pm in our community room at the HSSV Animal Community Center, 901 Ames Ave in Milpitas.
Many of our County Parks allow dogs with certain restrictions. Here is a listing of our parks where you may take your K-9 friend for a walk or run off-leash.
Dixon Landing Park
A relatively small park, but has much to offer. There are numerous picnic tables, a children’s playground, tennis courts and a basketball court. Dogs welcome.
Milpitas Dog Park
Facebook group for those now participating in use of the dog park in Ed Levin Park.
Where To Walk With Your Dog
Bay Area Backcountry: San Jose
Events & Shows
Grooming for Pets
Carolyn’s Pet Grooming
227 S Main St #C
Professional pet grooming services to animals in Silicon Valley. Let our groomers recommend the right service for your pet. HSSV Grooming Salon is open Monday-Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm, by appointment only.
901 Ames Ave.
Sharon’s Canine Classic
1350 S Park Victoria Dr #45
Tatiana’s Pet Grooming
87 S Main St.
Laws Mostly Concerning Dogs
Milpitas Animal Regulations
Most concern dogs, though laws here also for cats and other animals.
Milpitas Dog Park Laws
Owned and maintained by the County of Santa Clara Parks and Recreation Department, this park may be reached via Calaveras Boulevard. For information, call (408) 262-6980 or Visit the County website. Photo
Location: 3100 Calaveras Road, Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone: (408) 262-6980
- Only dogs, dog handlers, and those persons accompanying them are allowed in the dog park.
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older. Any person under 16 years of are in the dog park must be accompanied by a person 18 years or older.
- A dog handler, as defined herein, shall accompany his of her dogs at all times.
- Dog handlers are responsible for picking up and properly disposing of all feces deposited by their dogs.
- No more than two dogs per handler will be permitted in the park at one time.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and free of communicable illness and disease.
- Dogs must wear proof of current license.
- Dogs must be under voice control of their handler.
- Dogs displaying aggressive or anti-social behavior are not permitted in the park. Upon signs of aggression or anti-social behavior the dog will immediately be required to leave the park.
- All other City of Milpitas park rules apply to use of the dog park.
- Only dogs less than 20 inches from the top of the shoulders are allowed in the “Small Dog Area.”
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park.
- Users of the dog park do so at their own risk. Neither the County nor the City shall be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the dog park.