Santa Clara County Correctional Facility in Milpitas, California
Also known as Elmwood jail, has facilities for minimum- and medium-security men and women.
Find an Inmate
To obtain inmate booking information you must provide the Person File Number (PFN) or Booking Number (CEN), or Name, and Date of Birth or Booking Date of the inmate.
My Family Member Has Been Arrested – What Do I Do?
A practical guide on what to do if your family member or friend has been arrested in Santa Clara County, and has a mental health and/or addiction diagnosis.
Department of Correction
DOC operates three major institutions, the Main Jail, the Elmwood Correctional Facility and the Correctional Center for Women.
This is one of two facilities operated by the Santa Clara County Department of Corrections. It includes the Men’s Correctional Facility and the Correctional Center for Women (CCW). The Elmwood complex houses minimum and medium security inmates at 701 South Abel, Milpitas.
Elmwood Jail – Contact Information & Map
Address, phone numbers, directions and map.
Elmwood Jail – Outreach Programs
Education, training, ministries, and other outreach programs at both the men’s and women’s facilities.
Check this link for information about how to visit with inmates in both the men’s and women’s facility.
Bail Bondsmen – San Francisco Bay Area
Do you know what a bail bond or bail bondsman is? There are a several ways of explaining bail bonds and how a person in jail can get out of jail.
History confined in jail
Elmwood jail and Milpitas have had a long and turbulent relationship. The jail has gone through several reincarnations: first as a rich man’s mansion, then as a homeless shelter, and then a jail.
Yelp Reviews of Elmwood Jail by Visitors and Inmates
“The food is a little better but, man! Food is one reason to stay out of jail if you like good food.”
“3 meals a day a bed to sleep in. Even got a TV was livin’ like a king for free. Now i spend 80 bucks a day for the same s**t minis on TV. When I need to vacation, I’ll take a trip back. Gotta love the ranch.”
This new feature will be updated as news stories appear about notorious inmates incarcerated in Elmwood Jail. Be aware of the dates. I’m never told when these folks leave the jail, only when they enter. The average stay is 3 months, I’ve been told.
- Douglas Le was arrested Oct. 16, 2018 on suspicion of engaging in sex acts with a minor he met on a dating app, while he was on parole for soliciting nude images from students when he was a teacher at Gilroy High School.
- Nicholas O’Connor, destroyed security cameras at Willow Glen High School. June 2018.
- Luis Ramirez Venegas, San Jose State student choked male victims who resisted his advances. March 2018.
- David Lopez, accidentally released – October 5, 2017
- Carol Reynoso and Jayvee Geronimo, parents of truant daughter, 50 days each, consecutively, in winter of 2009.
- NASA scientist Anthony Gerard Heyenga, took daughter – November 30, 2006. Arrest warrant dismissed.
- Katrina Hatton, 2-year old killed by train – December 10, 2005
- Anna Ayala, the ‘chili-finger woman’ – May 10, 2005
- Brian Ricks, 2002 manslaughter death of Los Gatos High School senior Eric Quesada.