Crime Fighting

police car

Ways to fight, prevent and report crimes in Milpitas, CA. Alerts All Point Bulletins Being a Kid is Not a Crime Consumer Services Crime Victim Resources Data & Statistics Documents & Forms Domestic Violence Fraud Identity Theft Jails-Correctional Facilities Laws Lawyers Legal Institutions Prevention Sex Crimes Spam Milpitas Citizens Online… Continue reading

Grant Writing-Seven Deadly Sins of Grant Writing

Grant Writing

Too often grant writers fall into these traps when applying for community grants. My thanks to the The Peninsula Community Foundation for allowing me to reproduce this information from one of their seminars. Using “grant-speak.” Avoid acronyms Avoid trite phrases “outcomes,” “cultural diversity.” Avoid big words Avoid complex sentences Not doing… Continue reading

Grant Writing Help

Grant Writing

Below is a list of organizations that provide technical assistance, consulting, classes and research materials in the San Francisco Bay Area. My thanks to the Community Foundation for allowing me to reproduce this information from one of their seminars. Technical Assistance Basic Elements of Grant Writing The Corporation for Public Broadcasting evaluates… Continue reading

Milpitas Moms’ Organizations with Their Kids

Because so many moms work and put their kids in daycare or school, those who chose to stay home with their children can feel isolated. Here are groups for those homeschooling older children, as well as those breastfeeding, or wanting to get out with other moms with toddlers in or… Continue reading

Community Services

Milpitas community services for those who need some help getting by. Rent-free office space to non-profit service agencies. Advice BBB Wise Giving Alliance Give wisely to charities. Check here to find out how much of your donation really goes to help those in need. For questions about local charities, call… Continue reading

Community Center

Milpitas Community Center

Activities Activity Guide & Registration Lastest activity guide posted here about two months before each season begins. Class Registration Register for our programs on-line – From the comfort of your own home or office. On-Line Registration is provided through ActiveNet.com. Contact Information View Larger Map 457 East Calaveras Boulevard Phone: 408-586-3210… Continue reading

Senior Center

Barbara Lee Senior Center

Barbara Lee Senior Center Information. Come spend the day with us, or just a few hours. Includes contact information and a Map with directions to the Senior Center, Activities and Services, and additional resources for local Senior Citizens, such as a very inexpensive lunch. Call 24 hours in advance to… Continue reading

Neighborhood Associations

Sunnyhills Board Members

Milpitas neighborhood associations, coalitions, and a lively mail lists. Associations Centria Homeowners in Milpitas, CA Private for neighbors only. Get information and discuss concerns regarding the safety, housekeeping and maintenance of Centria Community in Milpitas, CA. Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association A volunteer group of homeowners and residents of the Sunnyhills neighborhood… Continue reading

• Matched Content